Friday, August 20, 2010

Cesky Krumlov





Thanks to Katerina and her family, Romana and her husband took my mom and I to Cesky Krumlov for the day and to the theater at night. We had a WONDEFUL time exploring the town and climbing to the top of the Castle Tower. I cannot even express the amazing 360 degree view you get from up there. After exploring and some minor shopping, Romana and her husband took us out to dinner. We ate so much that I think it should be common practice for a nap after eating...but no...off to the castle for MacBeth.
We had the most unique special experience watching MacBeth from the outdoor revolving theater. The audience sits in the seats (top picture) and the seats rotate around to view the different scenes. It was a visual treat. MacBeth was in Czech soo I didn't understand anything said but just rotating and seeing the outdoor theater was a once in a lifetime experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment